Thursday, August 20, 2009

Blackened Chicken and Avocado Salad

I don't really like salads as a meal except for this one. I used to get something similar from the Guards for lunch when I worked in Georgetown, and I started making it at home. It's really easy and tasty. I get chicken breasts or cutlets and pound them till they're pretty thin, then coat them with olive oil, salt, pepper, old bay, paprika, and cayenne pepper. I have no idea what is included in a real blackening seasoning mix, but I think this tastes good. Then I cook the chicken in a skillet. Meanwhile, I cut up some cucumbers and tomatoes and dress them with lettuce in balsamic vinegar. Then when the chicken is done, I slice it and put it on the salad, along with slices of avocado. I've been getting some prepared corn and bean salad from whole foods and adding that as well. We usually eat it with a french baguette. Mmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment