Saturday, August 8, 2009

Summer Grilling

So after a month-long hiatus, I'm back with several updates. This post I have two burger dishes. This first one is cooked on the new grill KJC got when she moved into a new apartment. It works quite well, even giving the burgers and veggies some nice grill marks. A charcoal or gas grill is preferable but for apartment living this is not too bad. Well this meal was just simple beef burgers plus the sides of squash and zucchini. I coated the veggies in olive oil and salt and pepper. Very simple yet delicious.




This next meal also involved burgers but probably the best part is the side dish of potatoes. I cooked the potatoes two ways. The first is hash browns with parmesan cheese and parsley. I simply diced then boiled the potatoes and then browned them in a pan with a bit of oil. When they were close to being done, I added the cheese, parsley, pepper and salt. For the second preparation, I thinly sliced the potatoes, coated in olive oil and then grilled. They had great texture and tasted like a cross between potato chips and french fries. I served the potatoes with a burger and green beans. Not a great picture of the potatoes but you get the idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment